Sankore Global Investments Limited (”We, Sankore Group, Us, Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our Group means our subsidiaries as defined in section 381 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020.
This notice sets out the basis on which any Personal Information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us when you visit www.sankore.com (“our Website”) and/or visit our offices physically.
For the purposes of data protection legislation in force from time to time the Data Controller is Sankore Global Investments Limited.
HOW YOU ACCEPT THIS POLICY
- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our Website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this Website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and Website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering with our Website (including your email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters and/or whitepapers and other documents available for download from our Website (including your name and email address);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you share with us physically at our offices and/or send to us through emails and our Website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and`
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1. Personal information submitted to us through our Website and/or physically at our offices will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the Website.
4.2. We may use your personal information to:
- administer our Website and business;
- personalize our Website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our Website;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- enable you to download information/white papers/documents you have requested;
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Website;
- keep our Website secure and prevent fraud; and
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our Website.
We will not supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
COOKIES AND PIXELS
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device. Pixels are small code blocks on a Website that allow for another server to measure viewing of a webpage and often are used in connection with cookies.
We use these technologies in order to customize our Website and improve your experience. Cookies store anonymous information, such as whether you viewed our Website from your mobile device or computer or tablet. We may store some personal information in a cookie and/or pixel, such as the Website that you visited immediately prior to visiting our Website and relevant financial information that allows us to enhance your user experience and for marketing purposes. Additionally, we may use a cookie and/or that only stores anonymous information to track visitors across our Website in order to better customize our marketing and advertising campaigns.
Cookies, pixels, and similar technologies are not required for our Website’s functionality. You are not required to accept any cookies or pixel to use our Website. However, refusing to accept cookies or pixels will make the use of our Website more cumbersome and less accessible.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Section 7 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our Website confidential.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our Website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You may request for the deletion of your personal information from our systems.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party Websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
This Service is hosted in Nigeria. If you are an international visitor, you should note that by providing your personal information, you are:
- permitting the transfer of your personal information to Nigeria which may not have the same degree of data protection laws as the country in which you reside; and
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS